Annons:
Etikettermatdryck
Läst 631 ggr
Expat-Tokyo
4/15/17, 7:08 PM

15 apr Festa loss m zenmunkar på VOWZ, Tokyo

Monk-run bar loosens inhibitions, teaches Buddhism LIFESTYLE APR. 15, 2017 - 06:12AM JST ( 2 ) Tokyo — Drinking at your neighborhood bar would appear to be inconsistent with a Buddhist’s quest for clarity of mind and enlightenment. Intoxicants, after all, have the effect of clouding the senses, not to mention one’s judgment. But for Buddhist monk Yoshinobu Fujioka, who operates a bar in central Tokyo with other clergy of his faith, nirvana—it appears—is just a sip away. The VOWZ BAR, which has found its niche among Japanese professionals, students and foreign tourists, is already in its 17th year of business. Add a rock band to the mix, and this group of Buddhist monks is taking unorthodoxy to new heights. Customers drop by just to grab a drink or two and unwind, receive “spiritual guidance” from these men of the cloth, or quietly enjoy the meditative atmosphere of a Buddhist temple-like setting. “Japanese people, such as salaried workers, traditionally find bars as a place where they can pour their hearts out to the bar owner, relax and gain some kind of support. Add a monk in the picture, and I believe that would be double the impact,” Fujioka said in a recent interview. The 40-year-old, who dons the trademark black robe worn by Buddhist monks while he tends bar, belongs to the Jodo Shinshu Hongwanji-ha school, which follows the “True Essence of Pure Land Buddhist Teaching.” Läs hela featuren här: https://www.japantoday.com/category/lifestyle/view/monk-run-bar-loosens-inhibitions-teaches-buddhism

/Stefan S.
Vill du hjälpa till att göra JAPAN iFokus till en riktigt bra plats?

Annons:
Plimme
4/17/17, 11:21 AM

Det där var nytt för mig!

Måste provas.

Då man dricker och blir glad, så närmar sig ju hela tiden ens medvetande till en total närvaro i NUET  😂

Zen-drickning. Me like!!!

Tandtrollet
4/17/17, 5:27 PM

Jag kommer själv att åtnjuta Heras rekommendation (att inte dricka) tv. Iaf ngn vecka till. Eller iaf minst tom helgen.

Sen får det kanske lova tt bli lite aktiv zazen 😇

/Anders aka Tandtrollet

Min japanska godisaffär har september-REA!
Bästsäljare: Godislera!

Upp till toppen
Annons: